Monday, January 2, 2012

24

It's after midnight, which means we're in the last day before BLOODROSE hits stores. I'll admit that I have very mixed feelings about BLOODROSE going into the wild. On the one hand I'm thrilled that the final book of the Nightshade series will be in readers' hands. I can't wait until you see what happens and I hope you revel in the adventure as much as I did.

On the other hand I cried a lot (seriously, a lot) while writing this book. It's a journey coming to a close. And while there will be more stories set in the world of Nightshade, this particular story does have its ending. That's a bittersweet reality that I'm still coming to grips with.

In the last hours before BLOODROSE arrives, there are a couple of things I want to mention.

1) My post about endings. It's the best answer I can offer about everything that happens.

2) My donation to Defense of Wildlife. Your support is invaluable: Here are the details for what' I'm doing: Because I'm committed to advocating for wolves, I've decided to tie in BLOODROSE to this action: for every picture of a reader and her/his new copy of BLOODROSE that is sent to me via email, Facebook, or Twitter I will make a $2 donation to Defenders of Wildlife.

And to up the stakes: If in its first days of release BLOODROSE climbs into the top 10 of the Barnes and Noble (and remember that B&N has an exclusive edition with additional content!) and/or Amazon rankings I'll up that donation to $3 per picture.

And finally: Because BLOODROSE is book 3, Nightshade moves from the New York Times Chapter Book list to the notoriously-difficult-to break-into Series list. If BLOODROSE hits in the top 5 of the NYT series list I'll increase my donation to $5 per picture.

I encourage you to support wolves and spread the word about the risks of taking gray wolves off of the endangered species list. I hope you're as excited as I am for next Tuesday. Thank you so much for sharing Calla and the packs' journeys with me!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't WAIT for Bloodrose!! The second my mom gets home tomorrow I'm making her take me to B&N. (I was going to pre-order it, but I won't have it fast enough that way!!) I'm so sad that it's coming to an end, but I'm looking forward to finally reading Bloodrose so bad! Thank you for writing this amazing series!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Andrea! I am looking forward to seeing you on Jan. 10 at Third Place Books near Seattle- I'll be taking you to a couple of schools before your evening event- Absolutely loved Bloodrose and am so sorry that series is over. On the other hand, more books in Nightshade's world? Happy Happy! See you soon- Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to say, I flew through Bloodrose with renewed enthusiasm for the series. The ending was... very satisfying. Bittersweet, but complete. I've found recently that most books (and movies) are predictable; Bloodrose proved to me that there is still hope left in the novel world.

    I look forward to reading more from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Additional content in the Barnes and Noble Edition? Drat, will it be posted online too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should make movies out of the books

    ReplyDelete