Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Musings

It's warm enough to bask in the sunlight sans jacket or sleeves. I sometimes think the brutality of northern winters is worth the ecstatic shock of change when the days finally lengthen and the earth pulses beneath your feet, full of heat and life.

It makes me feel like this:

Or this:

















In other news, Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick passed away this weekend. Her pathbreaking scholarship had a major influence on my own intellectual trajectory. Here is a great discussion of her contribution to scholarship.

I was terribly disheartened by some the comments following the article, which reveal that despite phenomenal studies like those produced by Sedgwick, we still have a long, long way to go. Along with #amazonfail, it's enough to call in the rainclouds to darken my lovely spring mood.

Let go of the hate, people. Please.

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder why hate is so much easier than ... maybe not love, but at least acceptance. Respect. Live and let live.

    Your pic of Kermit did make my day, though : )

    ReplyDelete